Planning a funeral service requires difficult decisions in exceptionally difficult circumstances, and the goal of Ballarat funeral directors F.W. Barnes and Son is to make the funeral process as manageable, straightforward and undemanding as possible.
A part of your community since 1895, the professional funeral directors at F.W. Barnes and Son can provide assistance for all Ballarat funeral arrangements, from helping to plan the service, right through to coordinating refreshments for post-funeral functions in our Ballarat funeral home at 701 Darling St, Redan.
The staff at F.W. Barnes and Son can meet the requirements of our multi-cultural society, providing affordable funeral services suitable for different denominations, faiths, traditions and cultures. Importantly, we ensure our funeral services abide the deceased’s wishes and that our Ballarat funeral arrangements costs comply with budget requirements. As part of our commitment to clients, F.W. Barnes and Son provide estimates of funeral costs, including a price breakdown, and also offer prepaid funerals to Ballarat and district. As well as comprehensive pricing details, F.W. Barnes and Son will also provide details of the funeral arrangements and we offer flexibility should you need to change those arrangements. While preparations for many funerals take place at our funeral home, our experienced staff can meet you away from our funeral home at your home or another location suitable to you and your family.
Funeral services in Ballarat
The staff members at F.W. Barnes and Son are available to help with Ballarat funerals 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our services include:
- Transferring the deceased person to our Ballarat funeral home
- Web Streaming of your service is also available
- Official registration of the death
- Embalming and dressing of the deceased
- Private funeral arrangement offices, private viewing rooms and chapel
- A selection of coffins and caskets at our Ballarat funeral home
- Assistance with eulogies, obituaries and funeral notices
- Provision of a hearse
- Organising funerals in Ballarat and district and also providing professional and expert advice on all elements of funeral services
- Liaison with clergy and celebrants to co-ordinate requirements of all faiths, denominations, cultures and traditions
- Ordering of floral tributes and order of service booklets
- Selection of music from our extensive music library
- Providing a mourning car which will transport family members to the funeral service
- Providing unique and personalised memorial booklets.
Prepaid funerals in Ballarat
There are numerous benefits to organising a pre-paid funeral bond and the staff at F.W. Barnes and Son Funeral Directors are happy to explain those benefits. If you’d like to know more about prepaid funeral bonds or would like to organise a prepaid funeral bond, please contact F.W. Barnes and Son to make an appointment with one of our professional funeral directors.
Cemeteries, crematoria and churches
Ballarat is a large regional city and consequently has dozens of churches and several cemeteries in the city and surrounding district and a crematorium. F.W. Barnes and Son can provide details of the churches and cemeteries in Ballarat and district and the crematorium, including addresses and phone numbers. In most circumstances our online funeral notices will include interactive maps to guide mourners to funeral services.
Ballarat death and funeral notices
F.W. Barnes and Son keep the community informed about funerals in Ballarat through our online death and funeral notices. As well as death and funeral notices, we also provide the opportunity for bereaved family members, friends and colleagues to leave free online tributes to the deceased. Please contact us online or phone us on (03) 5336 1211 if you require further information.